I follow Lilly Pulitzer on Snapchat and if you don’t you should!
You can add them on Snapchat: @lilly_pulitzer.
Their snaps literally brighten my day.
Today, they posted pictures of the process they used to paint a print.
I’m putting these pictures together and making a Step-by-Step guide on how to paint a
Lilly Pulitzer print.
I have painted many different prints and if you break the print down it’s very easy to do.
These pictures show the different steps and how the painter broke it down.
If you are interested in painting this, just follow the pictures and the steps listed below them!
I hope you enjoy!
1) Pick out all the colors you need and get different size brushes.
2) Start with one color and an outline (in this case, pink).
3) Focus on one object at a time (one shell, then one oyster, ect).
4) One the pink has dried, use your second color and paint with that (yellow).
5) Bring in the third color (green) and then a fourth (blue).
6) Paint more objects (more shells, starfish, ect).
7) Overlap colors and fill in objects with contrasting colors.
If you would like to see some of the prints I have painted, you can check out my tumblr page here.
Also stay tuned: I will be making an etsy shop and selling some of my Lilly paintings!
Let me know in the comments what prints you would like to see!
(Note: All of these photos were taken from Lilly Pulitzer’s Snapchat and are property of Lilly Pulitzer. I have edited and cropped these pictures only to fit my blog)