I have received lots of questions about how to make your own Lilly Pulitzer Binder Covers so I wanted to explain how I made my own.
1) To begin, I googled “Lilly Pulitzer Print Wallpaper” and found the print that I wanted to use to make my binder covers. I also have a lot saved on my Pinterest “Pulitzer” board. For this tutorial, I used the print “Jellies Be Jammin”.
2) Next, I clicked on the image and I saved it as a JPG to my desktop.
3) I used the website Canva.com to make my binder covers. The “Poster” design works best for a binder cover.
4) When you click on the “Poster” design, this screen will open up. Click on “Upload your own images” and choose the Lilly Print that you saved. I clicked on it and just uploaded it straight from my desktop. Your image will pop up in the bottom left corner of the screen and you just need to click on the image for it to open on the template.
5) Once your image is uploaded, Go to the “text” tab on the left side. Here you can pick and click through different text layouts. Make sure you pick one that says “free” so that you won’t be charged.
6) I scrolled down a bit until I reached these layouts. I ended up picking the white ribbon one. Each one is customizable with colors and fonts though. Click on the text layout that you want and it will pop up on the poster screen.
7) One the text layout is on the screen, you can customize it by clicking through colors and different fonts. Personally, I like the font that comes with this design so I just change my colors. I have found that a white or off-white color works best for a background. Next, I typed in the name of my course. For the text color and border color, I like to choose a color that is found in the print to compliment it.
8) One everything is the way you want it, hit the download button at the top right and then hit “Image: for Web (JPG)”.
9) Next, hit save File and then drag it from your Downloads file to your desktop. Lastly, just print it out and you have your very own binder cover!
If you have any other more questions/if something was unclear feel free to comment or shoot me and email!