Today I’m excited to blog about the upcoming Lilly Pulitzer Sale! Rumors are that the sale will begin tomorrow August 17th at 8am.
To prepare for that, here is a Guide to the Lilly Pulitzer Sale.
1. Know what you want before hand. It always helps me to make a list of things that I’ve had my eye on. Also, know which kinds of styles you like and articles of clothing you want or even prints you love (i.e. shift dresses, skirts, tunics, tops). By making a list, you can easily cross off items once you buy them to help keep track of everything you want to buy.
2. Know your sizes! It makes online shopping so much faster. If you haven’t been able to hop in a store to try on sizes, you can always use the Lilly Pulitzer size charts! If you’re not sure on a size, you could always buy 2 sizes and sell the other on Ebay or Poshmark, but it’s a whole lot easier to know your size and buy 1 size.
3. Have a budget! It’s very easy to get carried away and spend a lot of money. It’s best to limit yourself to a budget to avoid this. Since it is a sale, I tend to splurge a bit but I still keep a budget to keep me in check.
4. Check out your closet before hand. If you do want to splurge and have old Lilly that you don’t always wear, you could sell it and make money for new Lilly. Checking your closet also reminds you of pieces that you have so that you can make sure you don’t buy something too similar.
5. Go to your local Lilly Pulitzer Signature Store. Mine, The Pink Crab in Downtown Annapolis, began their in-store sale today. I was able to snag a few cute pieces before the Lilly online sale as well as get an idea for pieces that may be online.
6. Wake up early on the sale day and be ready by your computer. The rumor is that it will begin August 17th at 8am, so be prepared for it to be at that time. I like to be sitting at my computer about 10-15 minutes before an online sale begins just so I’m ready with my list! If you can’t be at a computer, you could always use your phone or have someone else buy for you (i.e. your mom, your sister, your best friend).
7. During the online sale, move quickly but also be patient. With so many girls trying to buy items, the website might crash. If your website doesn’t crash, move quickly and buy what you can as fast as you can. If your website does crash, be patient because it should be up later.
8. My favorite hack: Another option is to try your local Lilly signature store’s website. Most signature stores have their sale online as well, so you can always buy the items off their website! And most websites that sell Lilly will have the sale as well. By going to one of these websites, it can avoid the chance of having the website crash since most people will be buying directly off of Lilly’s website. My local store, The Pink Crab, will be starting their online sale tomorrow August 17th. That is also a great website to buy Lilly off of.
9. Be creative and keep an open mind! I am a size small but found the cutest XL top that will make for the best dress with a bandeau under it! If the sale runs out of sizes quickly (which it probably will), consider buying a larger size and being creative to make it fit.
I hope this was able to help you all! If you have any other ideas feel free to share them in the comments! Have fun and happy shopping!